These are our general membership terms and conditions. For Pay As You Go membership terms and conditions click here.
Horizon Leisure Centres Terms & Conditions
Membership management services provided by Harlands Services Ltd. HELPLINE – 01444 449 166 / email@example.com / 1st Floor, Central Square South, Orchard Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3AZ. Reg. in England No. 2982925 VAT Reg. No. GB 799711370.
1. This agreement is an agreement between you, Horizon Leisure Centres and Harlands Services Ltd (Harlands). This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the Horizon Leisure Centre premises you have 14 full days after sign-up to cancel this agreement for any reason. To exercise this right you must inform Harlands by post, email or telephone using the details above, or from the contact details located on the Horizon Leisure Centre website (www.horizonlc.com). You can use the cancellation form on page 2 of this document but it is not obligatory. If you exercise this right to cancel we will reimburse you all Joining Fee and Membership Fee payments received from you using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction. If you have used the service before requesting to cancel then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from sign-up to the date cancellation was requested.
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges associated with the Type of Membership chosen, subject to your timely payment of the fees and charges associated with the Type of Membership chosen and the successful processing of your direct debit instruction.
4. Harlands provides direct debit payment services to you and administers Horizon Leisure Centres’ agreement with you, in consideration for which you agree to pay all the fees and charges associated with your Membership as set out below to Harlands.
Fees & Charges
5. The Joining Fee / Administration Fee / Initial Payment is due and payable immediately on execution of the agreement and is not refundable other than in the event of breach or negligence by Horizon Leisure Centres or on the valid exercise of your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
6. The Administration Fee for all Types of Membership will be non-refundable and will be £10.00.
7. Your obligations to Harlands include payment of the Direct Debit Payment Amount. You are obligated to make the Minimum Number of Contracted Monthly Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non-attendance, except where the Agreement is cancelled in accordance with the cancellation terms below or under your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
8. The Direct Debit Payment Amount will be detailed and equivalent to the Type of Membership chosen.
9. The Minimum Number of Contracted Monthly Direct Debit Payments will be twelve (12) for all Adult / Family Committed Memberships and one (1) for all Junior Memberships.
10. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay Harlands on demand (i) an initial administration fee of £20; and (ii) any and all further reasonable costs incurred by Harlands in recovering the due fees and charges from you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us. Harlands right to recover these fees and costs shall be in addition to and without limitation of our rights or those of Harlands which may exist notwithstanding the terms of our Agreement.
11. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Member’s Details provided.
12. If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then Horizon Leisure Centres or Harlands may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. In addition to any costs and charges Harlands may be entitled to under clause 7, the reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
13. Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Contracted Monthly Direct Debit Payments Horizon Leisure Centres will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (Renewal Period). The renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 30 days’ notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then Horizon Leisure Centres will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
14. You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to our Helpline (you should give us not less than 30 days’ notice). When the final minimum period payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
15. Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Direct Debit payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by contacting our Helpline (you should give us not less than 30 days’ notice). All payments due within the 30 days’ notice must be made. After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
16. Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of a copy of a utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
17. Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
18. Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
19. Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given.
Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or Horizon Leisure Centres.
20. Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard.
21. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
Please note – ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or the leisure leisure centre.
Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
22. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Leisure Centre and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. Horizon Leisure Centres may make reasonable changes to the Rules of Membership at any time provided reasonable advance notice of the change is given.
23. Horizon Leisure Centres may assign the benefit of this agreement and rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. Membership is non-transferable.
24. Horizon Leisure Centres will always work to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against Horizon Leisure Centres you must do so within the United Kingdom with relevant UK law applying.
25. If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply
26. Horizon Leisure Centres may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of Horizon Leisure Centre Rules (i.e. stealing or other criminal activities or non-compliance with Rules of Membership). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by Horizon Leisure Centres to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.