Horizon Swim School is now open
Horizon Swim School has been going for over 40 years with a great friendly team of qualified swimming teachers. Offering over 250 swimming lessons each week for babies, toddlers, children and adults as well as one-to-one lessons.
Swimming lessons are a great social activity with mental and physiological benefits. Swimming aids brain development in children and boosts self confidence and self esteem.
Horizon Swim School Offers
Fun swimming lessons that meet the needs of the swimmer
Choice of days and times to suit family commitments
Professional and qualified teachers
Awards scheme with badges, hats and certificates (included in the price)
Lessons for babies (3 months upwards), children and adults of all abilities
Cancelled Lessons: Horizon Leisure Centres reserves the right to cancel lessons due to a number of reasons including snow days, gala days, pool issues, power cuts etc. If we do have to cancel any of your lessons and you pay by Direct Debit you will be able to claim a voucher or refund for that lesson from reception, these must be claimed within 1 month of your cancelled lesson.
There will be no swim lessons on bank holidays.
Customer Notice: Please can we ask that all swimmers support our health and safety policy by wearing swim hats during their lessons. All of our teachers will be encouraging the wearing of hats over the next few weeks whenever possible.
For more information or to speak to a member of the swim team please email
Thank you for your co-operation.
CHOOSE A SWIMMING CLASS
Swimming Lessons Prices
Select a site
|Rolling direct debit (junior Swim lessons)||Half hour lesson per week + free public swimming*|
*Public lane swimming for competent swimmers only
|£24.95 per month|
|Rolling direct debit (adult swim lessons)||Half hour lesson per week + free public swimming*|
*Public lane swimming for competent swimmers only
|£26.95 per month|
|Rolling direct debit (junior swim lessons)||Half hour lesson per week||£24.95 per month|
|Rolling direct debit (adult swim lessons)||Half hour lesson per week||£26.95 per month|
What to expect - Swim school
The Horizon Swim School is currently not running owing to National Lockdown restrictions. We will resume our swim school operations when restrictions are lifted.
If your circumstances have changed and you are NOT ABLE to continue with Horizon Swim School please can you inform us at your earliest opportunity by contacting email@example.com
We have adapted our swimming lessons programme and safety protocols so that they fulfil the Covid-19 safety measure guidelines issued by the Government and Swim England.
Please take time to familiarise yourself with our new guidance which must be adhered to:-
- To help minimise the number of people within the facility only one adult will be allowed to accompany each child or children under their care during swimming lessons. Children over the age of 8 years old are welcome to arrive without a parent / guardian.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before lessons.
- Please be aware that upon entering Horizon Leisure Centres the wearing of face masks is mandatory until you reach the activity you have come for. The only exceptions within our premises to wearing a mask are that you are:
- Physically swimming or exercising
- Consuming food or drink
- Under the age of 11 years
- Exempt because of a valid medical condition
- Public toilets will be available at both centres although numbers allowed in at any one time will be limited so a visit to the toilet for young children prior to visiting the centre is advised.
- Changing room facilities will not be available for arriving swimmers. We ask therefore that swimmers shower in advance of their swim lesson at home and arrive ‘swim ready’ meaning your swim wear is worn underneath your clothing. There is a disrobing area in the café at Waterlooville so anyone attending swimming lessons can walk onto poolside ready for their lesson.
- Swimmers should bring only the bare minimum with them as lockers will be unavailable. For those children without a parent, personal belonging can be left at the poolside. Any parents/guardians accompanying child swimmers should safeguard their child’s belongings whilst they’re in the pool.
- Parents accompanying any child on a swim lesson should bring flip flops for the pool side or be prepared to walk bare foot around the pool area
- Please note swim teachers will no longer be able to assist with the placing of swim googles or swim caps. Either the parent / guardian or accompanying sibling will have to assist.
- Teachers will teach from the poolside only as there will be no ‘in water’ teaching as per Swim England guidance.
- Once the lesson has finished we recommend everyone leave as soon as possible and request where possible post swim showers take place at home. Changing rooms for quick shower and change post swim will be available but we politely request that you spend no longer than 10 minutes and leave the centre as soon as you are changed. Please note there are no cubicle curtains in the Waterlooville changing rooms
Q. What will happen to my direct debits for swimming lessons when you reopen?
A communication from us will be dispatched shortly to all previous participants announcing the date that the swim lesson payments will re-start.
Q. I paid in advance for a block of swimming lessons. What will happen to them?
Don't worry you won't lose out on any of the swimming lessons you paid for in advance.