WATERLOOVILLE LEISURE CENTRE SWIMMING POOL
Pre booking essential. Non-members welcome; please call the centre to be registered and provided with ID & PIN number so you can book and pay online.
Please take some time to familiarise yourself with what to expect when returning to swimming. Click here and scroll down to ‘What to expect – swimming’
Two heated indoor swimming pools.
The main swimming pool measures 25m x 17m and graduates from 0.9m at the shallow end to 1.8m at the deep end.
A tiered seating area for 300 spectators makes the main swimming pool ideal for watching galas and competitions.
The splash pool is 13m x 9.5m and entry into the water is by steps and the pool graduates from 0.75m to 0.9m.
There is a pool hoist for those with additional needs for the main pool.
Please note the lockers in the changing rooms at Waterlooville Leisure Centre require a padlock to operate. Padlocks are on sale at reception or customers can bring their own.
HAVANT LEISURE CENTRE SWIMMING POOL
Unfortunately Havant pool will not be opening in our first phase of reopening . Please keep a look out for further announcements
Two heated indoor swimming pools .
The main pool at Havant measures 25m x 20m and is graduated from 0.9m at the shallow end to 1.9m at the deep end.
Adjacent to the main swimming pool is a shallow area (0.5m) which is ideal for younger children.
A separate splash pool measuring 13m x 7.4m is also available which is perfect for children under eight years-old. Entry into the water is by steps and the pool graduates to 0.9m at the deep end.
There is a fully equipped changing room and pool hoist for those with additional needs.
There is a pool viewing area for the main swimming pool.
Waterlooville main pool sessions
WHAT TO EXPECT - SWIMMING
Within the first phase of reopening only the main swimming pool at Waterlooville will be open. You should note the splash pool however will be closed.
Anyone wishing to attend the swimming pool at Waterlooville should familiarise themselves with the following new protocols before they attend:
- Double lane swimming only will be available in the first phase of re-opening.
- Swimming sessions will be 45-minutes long and will have to be pre-booked via the Horizon app or website. You will be able to book into either a slow, medium, fast or front-crawl lane.
- All swimmers should sanitise and/or wash their hands when entering the leisure centre
- Swimmers will need to arrive ‘beach ready’ as changing rooms for arriving swimmers will not be available. Afterwards the recommendation is still that you please exit swiftly. However changing rooms, showers for a quick rinsing off and cubicles will be available for drying off, changing (we recommend you bring a robe) and exiting. Please note that lockers will not be available for public use.
- Private belongings can be left in a designated area at the poolside so we would recommend you only bring the bare minimum with you.
- Swimmers will need to ensure they swim in a one directional route and there will be no overtaking.
- At the end of a swim all swimmers will need to make their way out of the exit as promptly as possible so we can conduct a clean of the pool side.
- With regards to swimming children are welcome but we do ask the child is capable and strong enough to lane swim in a 25M pool for a large % of the 45 minute session and that they are supervised by a swimming adult.
- The spectator seating area at Waterlooville Leisure Centre is currently closed. When supervising children in the pool, the supervising parent will need to be in the pool with children and not on the side.