Horizon Leisure Centre’s Health Referral
Welcome to our Health Referral Scheme. At Horizon Leisure we’re here to support you in increasing your physical activity levels and improving your overall health. Join us for our 12-week structured course of physical activity, designed to help you move a little more every day in a fun and supportive environment.
The scheme is run by health experts at our Havant and Waterlooville centres in partnership with Havant Borough Council, The NHS and Macmillan Cancer Support.
How to join
If you want to join this programme, make an appointment with your health care professional or GP, who can refer you to the exercise scheme. You can download the form the healthcare professional will need here and take it to your appointment.
The health referral can help you:
- Lose those extra pounds
- Build strong bones
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Help improve cholesterol levels
- Balance your blood sugar levels and keep them in check
- Expand your lung capacity, helping you to breathe easier
- Discover a happier you
- Kick stress and anxiety to the curb
- Increase energy levels
- Improve your mobility, flexibility and overall movement.
The scheme is in partnership with Havant Borough Council, the NHS and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Participants are referred to the exercise referral scheme through a health professional or GP where physical activity can help to:
Here's the lowdown on what you can expect:
With our Health Referral Scheme, you’ll have a dedicated exercise referral instructor by your side, guiding and supporting you throughout your journey. They’ll create a personalised activity plan tailored to your health status, preferences and lifestyle, while also providing access to discounted facilities. You can count on regular check-ins with your instructor to review and adjust your plans as needed too.
On completion of the 12 week programme, there is the opportunity for continued discounted membership at Horizon Leisure.
Health Referral Scheme Prices
There are three payment options for you to choose from:
£65 + £10
welcome assessment fee.
Includes an activity plan and unlimited use of Havant and Waterlooville gyms, pools and classes for 12 weeks (three-month membership).
Direct Debit £20 Per Month
No admin fee included
Pay As You Go £3.70 per visit, for gym and swimming, plus £10 welcome assessment fee.
You will need to be referred by your healthcare professional or GP. You can download the referral form from the downloads section and request to be referred.
What Can I Expect From The Health Referral Scheme?
- A designed exercise referral instructor to support and advise you
- A personal activity plan based upon your medical condition, health status, what you enjoy doing, what would you like to try and your lifestyle
- A subsidised route into using your local leisure centre, including classes, swimming and gym facilities
- Regular contact with your exercise instructor to review activity plans
- An opportunity for continued membership at Horizon Leisure Centres on completion of the 12 weeks