Pre-booking is available via the Horizon App and website.
Members can email email@example.com for booking login details whilst non-members can call Havant (02392 476 026) or Waterlooville (02392 245 900) to register and be provided with a booking ID and PIN
Leisure centre general safety regards Covid-19
Q. Can you pass COVID-19 via sweat/perspiration?
No, there is no current evidence that the virus can be spread by perspiration (sweat). This is supported for non-respiratory fluids by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html however, limited data is available on sweat/perspiration.
Q. Do indoor leisure environments create a higher risk of transmissions of COVID-19 than other indoor places like supermarkets?
No, there is the same chance of getting COVID-19 in all areas indoors, the key is keeping social distancing in place, follow cleanliness guidelines and aerosol guidelines.
Q. Does physical activity increase resilience to COVID-19?
WHO (World Health Organisation) recommend regular physical activity benefits both the body and mind. It can reduce high blood pressure, help manage weight and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and various cancers - all conditions that can increase susceptibility to COVID-19.
Physical activity leads to improvements in immune health and metabolic health, both of which are linked to COVID risk. Furthermore, physical activity is central in weight management and positive changes in body composition, both of which are linked to COVID-19 risk.
We have introduced new cleaning and social distancing measures in our centres to ensure that our members can work out safely.
Cleaning and sanitising protocols
Q. What cleaning and sanitising protocols will you have in place to keep us safe?
Our provisions on hygiene, cleaning schedules and procedures will be significantly enhanced to meet new elevated standards. You can expect:
- Additional cleaning rotas each day with specific time allocated in between class, gym and swim sessions so that floor space, surfaces and equipment can be cleaned.
- Cleaning staff to be given the appropriate PPE equipment including disposable gloves and aprons, fully virucidal disinfectant cleaner and intense training on exacting cleaning standards required.
- Special focus to be given to high traffic and touch areas such as door handles, counter surfaces, studio and gym equipment.
- Provision of soap dispensers and sanitiser stations (containing 60% alcohol) throughout both centres including the gyms. These will be checked regularly by staff and topped up throughout the day.
- Plentiful access to sanitiser spray and paper towels within the gyms and studios so that customers can wipe down their gym or studio equipment both before and after use (no personal gym-towels will be allowed).
Q. What personal hygiene measures do we expect our members and visitors to follow?
We would respectfully ask that all our members and visitors abide by the following rules:
- Avoid visiting the centre if you feel unwell and/or have Covid-19 symptoms and/or have recently come into contact with anyone displaying such symptoms.
- Whichever point you enter the centre be it gym or main reception please sanitise and/or wash your hands. Thereafter please regularly sanitise / wash your hands whilst on the centre premises and avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily.
- Make sure you wipe down any gym and studio equipment with the sanitiser spray and paper towels provided, both before and after use.
- Leave the centre promptly after your fitness class or gym session so that we can prepare for the next session
Q. What should I do if I think other customers or staff are not observing the hygiene notices or other safety measures that have been put in place?
Please inform the nearest member of staff or ask to speak to the Centre Duty Manager.
Social distancing protocols
Q. What measures will you be taking to ensure safe social distancing?
In keeping with current Government advice we will undertake measures to ensure that recommended safe social distancing guidelines, currently set at 2 metres can be maintained when you exercise. To facilitate this we will undertake the following measures:
- At all receptions there will be safe queuing markers and a one-way walking system throughout both centres for you to access and exit your activities safely. Non-slip floor markers set at 2 metres distance apart will show the direction you need to take.
- The number of people within the centres at any one time will be limited by having a cap on the number of swimmers, gym goers or group exercise class attendees for any given session. All activities and sessions must be pre-booked (see booking procedures section).
- We will re-purpose some of our facilities so that they are better placed to accommodate social distancing. Some group exercise classes for example will be moved into the spacious main sports hall at Havant. There will be pre-measured ‘stand here’ floor markings to show where you can exercise at a safe distance from others.
- Where necessary we will reduce and/or re-position the equipment in the gyms so that you will be able to exercise at a safe distance from one another.
- Double lane swimming will be introduced at the main swimming pool in Waterlooville, with a set quota of swimmers allowed per session.
- We will close down any ‘tight’, hard to monitor areas such as changing rooms, showers and toilets* where necessary.
*Please note however that there will be public customer toilets available at Havant and Waterlooville throughout opening hours.
Q. What steps can our members and visitors take to ensure safe distancing?
You will play a key role in ensuring safe social distancing by following the safety advice present throughout both centres and abiding in particular to the following rules:
- To follow the one-way walking directional markers throughout both centres which will lead you to safely enter and exit the building.
- Within the reception areas to abide by the ‘stand here’ floor markers so that you may queue at a safe distance from one another.
- Ensure that at all times you follow the advice of the ‘safe distance’ floor markers and maintain a safe social distance of 2 metres from one another.
- Refrain from hugging one another, shaking hands and avoid all physical contact.
Q. What should I do if I think other customers or staff are not observing the social distancing or other safety measures that have been put in place?
Please inform the nearest member of staff or ask to speak to the Centre Duty Manager.
Horizon staff safety measures
Q. What measures are being taken to ensure Horizon staff are well versed on the new safety measures?
It is important to us that our staff are kept safe, not only for their own sakes but so they can keep our members safe also. To this end we will undertake the following measures where our staff are concerned.
- A full health and safety audit will be undertaken of each of our staff members work space to ensure that within the work place they are socially distanced from one another and have access at all times to cleaning materials to keep their work space safe.
- Each staff member will be required to attend a Covid-19 training workshop so that they receive the necessary training in our new ways of operating. All Horizon staff are expected after all to abide by the same safety protocols as our members and visitors.
- Staff will be provided with the necessary PPE equipment when cleaning such as disposable gloves and aprons. In addition we will support front of house staff with the provision of additional safety equipment such as Perspex screens.
PRE-BOOKING WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN FROM MONDAY 05 APRIL
Q. Do I need to pre-book for swimming, toning tables, Oceans of play, toddler groups and group exercise classes?
Yes, for the time being some facilities and activities will have to be pre-booked. This is because we have capacity limits to ensure safe distancing when you exercise and having a pre-booking arrangement allows us to safely control this. It also enables our staff to clean and sanitise work-out areas in between sessions.
Members will be able to pre-book 7 days in advance and non-members 2 days in advance. As our leisure centres will be reopening on Wednesday 2 Dec with pre-booking available from Wednesday 24 November.
Booking a swim –lane swimming only will be available at Waterlooville Leisure Centre and members can book a 45-minute session 7 days in advance using our website or the Horizon app. *Non-members can book 2 days in advance once registered.
Booking a group exercise class – 45 minute classes will be taking place at Havant Leisure Centre and Waterlooville Leisure Centre and members can book these as normal 7 days in advance. *Non-members can book 2 days in advance once registered.
Booking the toning tables - 1 hour sessions will be available at Havant Leisure Centre and members can book these sessions 7 days in advance.
Booking the Creche - Slots of 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes will be available for booking on a first come first serve basis via the Horizon App.
Booking Oceans of play - All visitors to the play centre will now have to pre-book and pay by telephone or our online booking systems for their sessions at Oceans of Play. This is due to operating on a limited number capacity and to ensure government recommended social distancing requirements are met.
You can reserve and pay for your booking by calling the Havant Leisure Centre on 02392 476 026. The cost will be £5.50 per child for all sessions. Please note that we can only accommodate 1 adult per child or group of children.
Q. How do I pre-book classes/sessions ?
To book via the website click on the 'Book classes, gym & swim' tab at the top of each web page. (Toning studio also bookable via this tab)
To book via the Horizon app there are prominent booking tabs.
Members will be able to pre-book 7 days in advance and non-members 2 days in advance.
Both members and pay as you go users will need a membership ID and PIN to access the booking systems.
Members can obtain these details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note your membership ID is different to the number showing on your membership card.
Any non-members that wish to use our services on a pay as you go basis should call reception so we may register you and provide you with your log in details so you book and pay online.
Waterlooville – 02392245900, Havant – 02392476026
Q. How do I sign up to the Horizon App?
If you have an Apple device you can download from the App Store
If you have an Android device you can get our App from the Google Play Store
Within both stores search for 'Horizon Leisure Centres' and download (our app is free to download).
You should immediately have access to any information we have published to the App. When the timing is right and you require to book a gym, swim or fitness session then you will need your membership ID and PIN number. If you don't have either of these please call reception or email email@example.com
Please don't try and make any advanced bookings though at the moment as our bookings system is not active. Bookings tabs will appear on Wednesday 24 November and it is then you will need your booking ID and PIN for pre-booking sessions.
Some of you are noticing there is a staff login area appearing on your app. Please ignore this; it's simply an administrative access point for us to use should we wish to make updates to information being provided on the app.
Q. Am I restricted in the number of gym, swim or swim sessions I can book?
No, you will not be restricted in the number of classes or sessions you book. However, it is more vital than ever before that you inform us if you are unable to attend a booked session/class (no less than 3 hours before the session is due to start).
You will notice there are numbers against each type of activity. The number on the left tells you how many spaces there is left and number on the right is the capacity.
Example 14/28 Body combat - There are 14 spaces left.
For customers that do not inform us they're unable to attend will receive a strike on their membership account.
Q. What is the 3 strike rule?
If customers cannot attend their pre-booked exercise class or swim session then they must have informed us at least 3 hours before the start of their session. Customers failing to do this will receive one strike on their account.
The first and 2nd strike will stay on the account for 6 weeks. Once a member has 3 strikes on their account they will be unable to pre-book any further fitness classes or swim sessions for a period of 7 days.
What to expect - the gym
All of the equipment in the gym has been re-arranged to enable safe distancing.
What to expect – Group exercise classes
Group exercise classes will take place at both Havant and Waterlooville. The large sports hall at Havant will also be used for many fitness classes in the first phase of re-opening. Being considerably more spacious than the fitness studios they will be able to accommodate more attendees and at the recommended safe distance of 3 metre squared.
Anyone considering attending a group exercise class should familiarise themselves with the following protocols.
- Classes will need to be pre-booked via the Horizon app or website.
- You will be expected to wash and/or sanitise your hands upon entering the Leisure Centre
- There will be no sharing of equipment allowed e.g. yoga blocks, dumbbells
- We will not be providing mats. Please be sure to bring your own
- We will respectively ask that all attendees leave promptly through the exit indicated at the end of the class so that we can prepare for the next class.
What to expect – Swimming
Anyone wishing to attend the swimming pools at Havant and Waterlooville Leisure Centres should familiarise themselves with the following new protocols before they attend:
- Swimming sessions will need to be pre-booked via the Horizon app or website.
- Members can email firstname.lastname@example.org for their membership ID number and pin to book sessions.
- Any non-members that wish to use our services on a pay as you go basis should call reception so we may register you and provide you with your log in details so you book and pay online. Waterlooville – 02392245900, Havant – 02392476026
- All swimmers should sanitise and/or wash their hands when entering the leisure centre
- At the end of a swim all swimmers will need to make their way to the changing rooms where they can dry off and exit as promptly as possible so we can conduct a clean of the pool side.
- With regards to lane swimming, children are welcome but we do ask the child is capable and strong enough to lane swim in a 25M pool for a large % of the 45 minute session and that they are supervised by a swimming adult. Any child under the age of 16 will be subject to a swim test if the lifeguard feels they are not a competent
What to expect - Swim school
We have adapted our swimming lessons programme and safety protocols so that they fulfil the Covid-19 safety measure guidelines issued by the Government and Swim England.
Please take time to familiarise yourself with our new guidance which must be adhered to:-
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before lessons.
- Public toilets will be available at both centres although numbers allowed in at any one time will be limited so a visit to the toilet for young children prior to visiting the centre is advised.
- Parents accompanying any child on a swim lesson should bring flip flops for the pool side or be prepared to walk bare foot around the pool area
- Please note swim teachers will no longer be able to assist with the placing of swim googles or swim caps. Either the parent / guardian or accompanying sibling will have to assist.
- Teachers will teach from the poolside only as there will be no ‘in water’ teaching as per Swim England guidance.
What to expect - Oceans of play
All visitors to the play centre will now have to pre-book and pay by telephone their sessions at Oceans of Play. This is due to operating on a limited number capacity and to ensure government recommended social distancing requirements are met.
You can reserve and pay for your booking by calling the Havant Leisure Centre on 02392 488 442. The cost will be £5.50 per child for all sessions. Please note that we can only accommodate 1 adult per child or group of children.
New opening times and play sessions are as follows:
Play Centre Open from Wednesday 2 December.
Tuesday – Sunday (Monday closed)
Tuesday – Friday inclusive…3 sessions each day
SESSION 1: 10.00am-12.00pm (120 minutes)
SESSION 2: 1.00pm-2.30pm (90 minutes)
SESSION 3: 3.30pm-5.00pm (90 minutes)
Saturday – Sunday inclusive…4 sessions each day
SESSION 1: 10.00am-11.30am (90 minutes)
SESSION 2: 12.00pm-1.30pm (90 minutes)
SESSION 3: 2.00pm-3.30pm (90 minutes)
SESSION 4: 4.00pm-5.30pm (90 minutes)
*As before please be aware that food must only be consumed at the tables provided.
- Everyone entering the Play Centre will be expected to sanitize their hands upon entry. Thereafter there will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the play centre and we advise you and the children under your supervision to please use regularly throughout your visit. Public toilets for your convenience will also be available within the centre.
- Please follow any health and safety protocols displayed within the centre and abide by social distancing measures at all times.
- We will be cleaning the play centre before opening, between sessions and at the end of the day. We therefore invite you to please leave promptly at the end of your play session.
What to expect – Badminton
There are 4 courts available for hire 7 days a week with bookable 45 minute slots.
- Please note that courts have to be pre-booked and paid for in advance. This can be done via the Horizon App or online. Non-members can call Havant on 02392 476026 to be registered and provided with booking ID and PIN
- There will be a maximum of 4 players per court
- Players will have to bring their own racquet and shuttlecocks as none will be available for hire.
What to expect - Gymnastics and Trampolining
• must arrive dressed appropriately with long hair tied back (no jewellery, drink bottles, coats, or shoes in the small hall)
• be on time for class and not early
• will be expected to apply hand sanitizer
• are expected to leave promptly at the end of the class to prevent groups in the corridors.
What to expect - The Creche
The Crèche is open Mon – Fri 9.00am – 12.30pm.
- Slots of 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes will be available for booking on a first come first serve basis via the Horizon app.
- Staff arrive at 8:45 to make sure the safety checks are done and everything in the crèche is clean and ready to go.
- We aren’t letting parents into the crèche to drop off/collect at the moment due to ensuring we are keeping the setting as clean and safe as possible.
- Please be aware that all children entering the crèche will be expected to hand sanitise.
New to the crèche?
- There is a sign-up form that parents need to read and sign on first visit to the crèche.
- We advise new customers to arrive 10- 15 minutes before you are booked in, this is to ensure all paper work is completed and any questions you may have are answered.
Events / Parties / Kids club
Please contact email@example.com for all party enquiries.
Q. Will Kids Club be operating this summer?
Sadly, at the moment we don’t think that our Kid’s Club will be operating this summer. Should this situation change we will announce it as soon as we can.
Please enquire for later months by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and depending on Governmental and Public Health England social distancing guidelines we may be in a position to accommodate your requirements in the future.