Leisure Centre Hire
Local community groups, sporting organisations and individuals can hire the facilities at Havant and Waterlooville Leisure Centres for sporting events, weekly sports groups, award ceremonies, private events and much more.
Horizon’s on-site catering teams can also provide a range of catering and hospitality packages to suit your needs.
Learn more about hiring Horizon Leisure Centres below.
At Horizon Leisure Centres you can hire the:
Sports Halls for large sporting events and events
Sports Halls and Tiered Seating for award ceremonies
Swimming Pools for Swimming Galas
Small Sports Hall or Exercise Studios for sports clubs and groups
Conference Room for workshops, training and team building days and corporate events
Play Centre for private children’s parties
Venue Hire Enquiry
Contract of Hire Conditions
- The hirer must attend the event throughout the hire period and must make themselves known to the Duty Manager on arrival.
- A £100 deposit payment is required at time of booking, along with the security cost. All other payments must be paid 6 weeks prior to the event.
- The £100 deposit will be retained if the facility is damaged by any of the attendees.
- All catering money is non-refundable if booking is cancelled after 4 weeks.
- Cancellation of hire at any time will result in the loss of the £100 payment.
- HLC Reserves the right to cancel a booking, in which case all payments made will be fully refunded. HLC will not be liable for any other expenditure incurred or loss sustained, directly or indirectly by the hirer or any other person, arising from the cancellation.
- HLC reserves the right to refuse guest admission without reason.
- Costume characters, lookalikes and mascots are not allowed on the premises unless agreed in advance with HLC. In the case of popular branded characters evidence of an official licence to wear the costume is required in advance of the booking.
Responsibilities of the Hirer
- The facilities or any part of them cannot be re-hired, or used for any other purpose than for which it was hired.
- No items may be brought into the Centre for any purpose without the HLC permission. The booking of entertainment (e.g. DJ) is the responsibility of the hirer.
- The hirer will ensure the sound volumes are under the control of HLC and the DJ/entertainment finishes promptly at 23:00.
- The Hirer will ensure that their guests remain in the specified licensed area at all times and that no drinks are taken outside the function room. The Hirer will ensure that all guests leave the hired area by the time agreed ensuring the area is left in a tidy, undamaged and orderly state.
- No Food or drink may be brought into centre unless prior arrangements are made with the Food and Beverage Manager. If food is brought into premises it must be removed from the centre within 4 hours.
- The hirer indemnifies HLC from and against any actions, claims, costs and demands arising out of the hiring.
- The Hirer will ensure that all guests leave the building in a quiet manner and respectful to the residence living close to the centre.
Loss, Damage and Insurance
- The Hirer will fully compensate HLC for any damage to either the property of HLC or the structure of the building.
- HLC will not be responsible for any theft, damage or loss of the Hirer or their guests (including entertainers) property or valuables or injury to persons or any claim sustained during the period of hire.
- Hirers are advised to obtain suitable Public Liability insurance and ensure any entertainers are suitably insured.
- HLC will not be responsible for any loss to the Hirer due to breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of gas, water or electricity or fire which may cause the centre to close or the hire to be interrupted or cancelled.
- The Hirer will be advised as to the position of fire equipment and fire escapes before the event commences, and will ensure that all persons using the premises are safe, and aware of the evacuation procedures. In the case of injury or illness a member of staff is to be informed immediately.
- The Hirer must ensure that any entertainers they use, supply RCB’s to be used in conjunction with any electrical equipment. The Hirer will also ensure “best practice” and obtain certification that all electrical items have received a Portable Appliance Test (P.A.T) in the past 12 months.
- HLC will book the required amount of security for the event which is payable by the Hirer in advance.
- The Hirer is limited to 200 guests for the Function Area. In the event of an 18th or 21st Birthday Party the Hirer is expected to provide HLC with a guest list within 24 hours of the start of the event, any person attending the party who does not appear on the guest list may be refused admission.
- Unruly, unacceptable or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. If deemed feasible the event will be stopped and all guests asked to leave without recompense to the Hirer.
Choose a Room to Hire
Conference Room Hire
If you are looking for a place for a training event, workshop or conference Horizon Leisure Centres provide basic spacious conference room.
Sports Hall Hire
Horizon Leisure Centres have multiple sports halls for hire which are perfect for large events, parties, conferences, award ceremonies and more!
Family Bootcamp Sessions
Check out our Family Bootcamp sessions running in Havant Park and Waterlooville Recreational Ground.
Clubs at Horizon Leisure Centre
Working in partnership with Havant Borough Council and numerous 3rd party clubs to offer our customers and members more!
Our Crèche provides a safe and fun environment for your children aged up to 6 years. Leave the kids in the crèche while you enjoy our gym or pool.
Additional Needs Activities
Havant and Waterlooville provide a range of concessionary prices across a variety of activities and specialist sessions at Horizon.
Become qualified to work in any UK swimming pool as a Lifeguard during our one-week National Pool Lifeguard Course.
Over 50s Sports Club
Join our Over 50s Sports Club for an opportunity to take part in multiple activities for a great value fixed price.
These friendly and informal Sports sessions are run in partnership with Get up and Go and Activ8 Minds.
Be a part of Horizon’s Customer Forums and help shape the future of your Leisure Centres.
Havant and Waterlooville cafés serve a range of hot and cold drinks and light refreshments.