All of the equipment in the gym has been re-arranged to enable safe distancing. To manage a safe capacity at any time members will now have to pre-book their sessions at the gym. 1 hour sessions can be booked via the website or Horizon app and staff will conduct cleaning and sanitising of gym equipment in between sessions.
Please note there is no restriction to the number of gym sessions you may book and there is nothing to stop you booking consecutive sessions. Just be aware you will need to take a fresh air breather in between sessions whilst we conduct a quick clean.
In addition Gym members should please familiarise themselves with the following new protocols:
- Please be aware that upon entering Horizon Leisure Centres the wearing of face masks is mandatory until you reach the activity you have come for. You do not have to wear a face mask whilst you are exercising. consuming food/drink or if you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering.
- You should arrive ‘training ready’ as our changing rooms and showers will not be available
- Please do not bring your own towel! We will provide paper towels that can be used and then safely disposed of within the gym
- You will need to bring your own water as our water fountains will be out of action
- Please use the sanitiser station upon entering the gym and then sanitise your hands regularly as you work-out
- Gym users will be expected to wipe down gym equipment before and after use with the sanitiser spray provided.
- Everyone will be expected to observe social distancing guidelines. We encourage you to exercise with ‘lighter weight-loads’ as close proximity ‘pair-training’ or ‘spotting’ in the free weights area will not be allowed.
- When using the gym, personal belongings can be secured in the internal gym lockers. However, we advise that you bring the absolute minimum required to complete your workout.
- All gym users must leave promptly at the end of their booked session so that we may clean all workout areas in preparation for the next session.
- Any new gym members will need an induction before being able to pre-book and attend a gym session. Please call the reception of either centre so we can reserve you a time slot with one of our gym instructors. Your induction will be on a one-to-one basis.